Friday, February 03, 2006

Egg Curry

My mom made this dish when I was in India. It was awesome and I tried to make it myself here in Singapore. It turned out to be quite good, although it can't compare with my mom's original dish. There is magic in her hand.

Ingredients

Hard boiled eggs, (Deep fried for few minutes)
Oil 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds
Bay leaf
Onions 1 medium sized
Garlic 1 tsp (chopped)
Ginger 1 inch (chopped)
chillies 2-4 (chopped)
tomato 1 large (chopped)
Meat masala 1 tsp
salt
cream 2 tbsp

Procedure
1) Heat oil. Add cumin seeds and Bay leaf to it and wait for 10 seconds.
2) Add garlic, ginger and chillies. After 15 seconds, add onions and fry till they turn golden brown in colour.
3) Now add tomato and simmer for two minutes.
4) Add meat masala, salt and eggs, and cook on low flame for two more minutes. Add water to make more gravy.
5) Add cream and bring the gravy to boil.

Serve hot with chappatis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home